We look forward to welcoming you to The Buccaneer Inn. We continue to work hard to address the challenges that we are all facing. You can rest assured you will have a safe, spotlessly clean, comfortable space to relax in when staying with us.
DO YOU HAVE? • Any of the symptoms of COVID-19 • Had contact with a person with a confirmed or possible case of COVID-19 in the past 21 days.
We kindly ask you to call us and change your reservation to a later date when you can respond NO to all the above questions. There is no charge for changing your reservation.
THANKS FOR THE CONTINUING SUPPORT!
All of us here appreciate you supporting a small, locally owned and family operated business. Our well-earned reputation for spotlessly clean rooms is now further strengthened by the cleaning and sanitizing Best Practices developed by the BC Hotel Association on advice from the Ministry of Health, WorkSafe BC and the BC Centre for Disease Control.
We are taking reservations and invite you book directly with us online or call our Front Desk at 1.250.753.1246 or 1.877.282.6337. Currently we are open daily from 9 am to 8 pm PST. Our hours do vary so please be aware of the check in times indicated in your reservation confirmation.
WHAT WE’RE DOING TO MAKE THE BUCCANEER INN AN EVEN SAFER PLACE TO STAY
As part of maintaining our high standards of hygiene and cleanliness, we have implemented enhanced health safety procedures and preventative practices with our team, including:
• Public touch points such as handrails, door handles and knobs being cleaned throughout the day.
• Medical-grade cleaning products used in all room cleaning and throughout our property.
• Sanitizing surfaces after thorough cleaning procedures.
• Providing you with a more streamlined room with the removal of extra furnishings and amenities such as decorative pillows, paper note pad, games basket and some kitchen items.
We closely monitor developments of COVID-19 and follow recommendations from our local health departments and experts at BC Centre for Disease Control, World Health Organization (WHO) and our esteemed Provincial Health Officer. We take these measures very seriously and frequently review our sanitization and safety procedures with our team.
• Our Front Desk is staffed from 9 am to 8 pm. Call us at 250.753.1246 extension 0.
• Our check-in time is by prior arrangement only. Please let us know when you’ll be arriving.
• Hand sanitizer is available upon your arrival.
• Please wear a mask while in our small Front Desk office.
• In compliance with physical distancing measures, we restrict our check-in area to a maximum 1 guest at a time.
• In order to allow for increased cleaning procedures, our check-out time is 10 am.
• Upon check-out, we request you leave one window open for ventilation, turn off the TV and all lights, leave your key in the room and firmly close the door.
• Your suite will be fully stocked with all necessary items.
• To minimize contact, housekeeping will not enter your room whilst you are in the room.
• If you are staying with us longer than one evening we will discuss your housekeeping requirements with you when you check in.
• Outdoor BBQ deck with picnic tables.
• Bike, kayak and scuba gear storage is available upon request.
• Guest laundry
• In-room books and games
• Snack basket and beverages
• In case of emergencies outside of business hours, please call 250.753.1246 or contact the on-duty manager who’s number is located on our Front Desk door.
• Please maintain 6 feet/2 metre physical distancing measures on the property.
• If you begin to show any symptoms of COVID-19, please inform the Front Desk of your departure.
• Many local shops, tour operators and businesses are operating with amended services and/or hours.
• A large number of restaurants are open for take away, delivery and in-restaurant dining including Carlos O’Bryans and Beefeaters Chop and Seafood House located across from The Buccaneer.
• Terminal Park and Brooks Landing Shopping Centres are located nearby and offer a full range of services including Nesvog’s Meats and Deli, Save-On-Foods, Liquor Stores, Banks, Cobb’s Bread, many quick serve restaurant options and Co-Op gas station.
• Hiking, biking and walking trails are all open. Kayak and SUP rentals are available at Coastal Expression across the street from The Buccaneer.
Please call The Front Desk at 1.250.753.1246 extension 0.
BUCCANEER INN COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
We closely monitor government policy changes, the British Columbia Ministry of Health and Centre for Disease Control guidelines and government mandates and will continue to make changes as necessary or appropriate to our procedures.
EMPLOYEE AND GUEST HEALTH
The health and safety of our employees and guests is our number one priority.
• Physical Distancing. Guests are requested to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not travelling with them or moving around the property. Employees will be reminded not to touch their faces and to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from guests and other employees whenever possible.
• Hand Sanitizer. Hand sanitizer dispensers are located at The Front Desk.
• Property Signage. Health and hygiene reminders in our Information Display Case.
• Signage for Employees. Signage is posted in our staff work area reminding employees of the proper way to wear, handle and dispose of masks, use of gloves (when deemed necessary by WorkSafeBC), wash hands, cough etiquette and to avoid touching their faces.
• Employee & Guest Health Concerns. Employees are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and are instructed to contact the On-Duty Manager if they notice a colleague or guest displaying or complaining of a cough, fever, shortness of breath, chills, a new loss of taste or smell, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or other known symptoms of COVID-19. Employees and guests who are exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19 while at the property must contact the Front Desk.
We and our employees are vital for an effective health and sanitation program at The Buccaneer Inn. • Hand Washing. All Buccaneer Inn management and employees must frequently wash their hands, or use hand sanitizer when a sink is not available, and after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, face touching, nose blowing, cleaning, sweeping, smoking, eating, drinking, going on break, and before or after starting a shift.
• COVID-19 Training. All employees receive training on COVID-19 safety and disinfection protocols.
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their roles and responsibilities and in adherence to provincial or local regulations and guidance. Masks are available to all employees. Gloves are available to employees whose responsibilities require the use of them. Management will ensure cleaning and disinfection procedures are enforced and updated based on the most current practices. The Buccaneer Inn uses cleaning products and protocols which meet Health Canada guidelines for use against the virus that causes COVID-19 and is effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens. Housekeepers will be primarily responsible for all cleaning and disinfecting our rooms and common areas.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Buccaneer Inn.
Your hosts, Dave, Marlene, Christopher and all our fantastic Team
Make our Cottage your home base while exploring Nanaimo and surrounding Vancouver Island.
Explore the many exciting and delicious restaurants in and around Nanaimo. Here are some of our recommendations.
Do you need more information? We are happy to help you make your stay in Nanaimo as exciting as possible.